4-Star Stocks Poised to Pop: Nucor
Based on the aggregated intelligence of 180,000-plus investors participating in Motley Fool CAPS, the Fool's free investing community, steel giant Nucor (NYS: NUE) has earned a respected four-star ranking.
With that in mind, let's take a closer look at Nucor's business and see what CAPS investors are saying about the stock right now.
|Headquarters (founded)||Charlotte, N.C. (1940)|
|Market Cap||$13.0 billion|
|Trailing-12-Month Revenue||$20.0 billion|
|Management||CEO Daniel DiMicco (since 2000)|
CFO James Frias (since 2010)
|Return on Equity (average, past 3 years)||3.8%|
|Cash/Debt||$2.6 billion / $4.3 billion|
United States Steel
Sources: S&P Capital IQ and Motley Fool CAPS.
On CAPS, 96% of the 2,232 members who have rated Nucor believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 going forward.
- Nucor has a history of continuous innovation technologically, stylistically, and managerially.
- Committed to high-quality steel products at competitive prices, the company still boasts strong financials.
- Positioned to rebound in a big way when construction improves. In fact, recent figures suggest higher-than-expected seasonal improvement, which may indicate the initial stages of an upward trend. ...
- Nucor is the largest U.S. steelmaker; it benefits from being the main player in an oligopolistic market. The resultant pricing power is a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Recent moves to become more vertically integrated should help the company's long-term returns.
Of course, despite its four-star rating, Nucor may not be your top choice. If that's the case, we've compiled a special free report for investors called "3 American Companies Set to Dominate the World," which uncovers a few other U.S. plays with big potential. The report is 100% free, but it won't be around forever, so click here to access it now.
Want to see how well (or not so well) the stocks in this series are performing? Follow the newTrackPoisedToCAPS account.
At the time this article was published Fool contributor Brian Pacampara owns no position in any of the companies mentioned. The Fool owns shares of ArcelorMittal. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended buying shares of Nucor. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days.We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Fool's disclosure policy always gets a perfect score.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.