Private equity honcho Marc Rowan has sold his Southampton mansion for $28.5 million -- the biggest Hamptons sale of the year so far.
And that wasn't even what Rowan wanted for the residence on Meadow Lane: It was listed with an asking price of $34 million.
The 9,000-square-foot traditional cedar shingle home boasts six bedrooms and 6½ baths, but the surrounding property may be the real selling point. Situated on 2.3 extensively landscaped acres of New York's Long Island -- featuring formal gardens, a path to the ocean, a heated oceanfront infinity pool, and a covered summer-dining area -- the house provides views of Halsey Neck Pond, the Shinnecock Bay and, of course, the Atlantic Ocean.
Inside are such appointments as floating staircases and limestone floors. The master suite includes an oceanfront balcony, fireplace and dressing room. Additional bedrooms feature baths that include three types of imported marble. The downstairs has a large living room, intimate library, formal dining room and elaborate kitchen.
The 50-year-old, Rowan, a co-founder of Apollo Global Management, was listed by Forbes as the 854th richest person in the world as of last month, with a net worth of $1.5 billion.
Head over to Curbed to see more photos of the home, inside and out.
House of the Day: Spacious but Cozy in Hamptons Bay
Home Prices May Withstand Foreclosure Wave
'World's Tallest Treehouse' Grew From a Divine Vision
More on AOL :
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Transfer your debt to a card with 0% intro APR until 2022
- Score a $200 Sign Up Bonus fast with this card
- Our 2 Favorite Cards for Everyday Expenses
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program