A house for the price of an SUV? That's plausible, given the dip in housing. But a home for the price of a Ford Fiesta?
Whoa. Now there's a value-bending proposition.
While most people don't think of real estate in prices relative to that of a car, there are houses in some parts of the United States that are for sale with listing prices just like what you'd see at an auto dealership.
And we're not talking about a house priced at the median home value of $150,000, which is akin to the sticker price of an Aston Martin. The homes featured below compare more favorably to standard highway fare: Nissans, Hondas, Fords, etc.
Some of these properties are distressed sales -- either foreclosed or in the midst of a short sale -- and some need a little renovation, but that's still a pretty impressive deal given that they're all comparable to the price of a new car.
Read more on Zillow:
How Much Home Can You Get For $150,000
What $250,000 Will Buy in Different Housing Markets
Home of the Week: Merv Griffin's Former Home for Sale
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- The Painless Way To Earn Cash Back Every Day
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Summer 2022
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold