A house for the price of an SUV? That's plausible, given the dip in housing. But a home for the price of a Ford Fiesta?
Whoa. Now there's a value-bending proposition.
While most people don't think of real estate in prices relative to that of a car, there are houses in some parts of the United States that are for sale with listing prices just like what you'd see at an auto dealership.
And we're not talking about a house priced at the median home value of $150,000, which is akin to the sticker price of an Aston Martin. The homes featured below compare more favorably to standard highway fare: Nissans, Hondas, Fords, etc.
Some of these properties are distressed sales -- either foreclosed or in the midst of a short sale -- and some need a little renovation, but that's still a pretty impressive deal given that they're all comparable to the price of a new car.
Read more on Zillow:
How Much Home Can You Get For $150,000
What $250,000 Will Buy in Different Housing Markets
Home of the Week: Merv Griffin's Former Home for Sale
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until Nearly 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program