While iPhone is home to plenty of classic board games that have been given the social twist (see: Words with Friends, Checkers with Buddies or Poker Pals, as examples), there's one game that I thought would long remain a single-player experience: Solitaire. Apparently not, as inXile Entertainment has turned this inherently single-player experience social via Solitaire + Friends on iOS.
At its core, Solitaire + Friends still offers a solitary experience, as you'll be able to complete the standard Klondike version of solitaire time and time again at your leisure. The game's social features arrive after you've completed a game (either through actually winning the game or simply running out of moves), as you can send your exact deck and initial setup to another player for them to beat your high score and time. You can login to the game via Game Center, Facebook or through a proprietary account system, and can even send your game to a random opponent if your friends have yet to pick this one up.
As it stands, the base solitaire mode of Solitaire + Friends is a basic version of Klondike, with a few customization options and an intuitive "swipe" ability that allows you to simply swipe a card in the direction it needs to go, rather than dragging each individual card in a slower process. The social features are fairly shallow, but it's an interesting addition to a game that is the farthest thing from social. You can try out this social take on Solitaire for free by downloading the game on your iPhone or iPad on iTunes.
Click here to download Solitaire + Friends from iTunes --->
Have you tried Solitaire + Friends on iOS? What do you think of this attempt to make solitaire a social gameplay experience? Sound off in the comments.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Toddler develops ‘legit British accent’ from watching ‘Peppa Pig’
- Mom enraged by ex-husband’s ‘ridiculous’ vacation request: ‘You are no…
- Dad sparks debate after sharing work-from-home issue with his wife: ‘I…
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You