Fantasy Safari, EA's version of Zynga's Dream Zoo on iPhone and iPad, is next on the chopping block, as Electronic Arts has announced that the game's servers will be taken offline, killing the game, on March 31.
After being launched in November, Fantasy Safari allowed players to choose from 40 different animals with which to fill their magical land, including dragons, unicorns and even Pixies (if you can consider Pixies animals). Up until Valentine's Day, the game had been receiving regular updates, but has since been pulled from the App Store, making any new downloads impossible.
News of the closure comes by way of EA's Service Updates announcement this morning, which also sees the plugs being pulled for Ghost Harvest and Battlefield 3: Aftershock, two other iOS games. If five months seems like a short lifespan for a game, remember that EA / Playfish's Pet Society: Vacation, which launched at the end of July, didn't even make it to the end of the year before it too was shut down.
There's no news as to what will happen to Fantasy Safari's premium currency, but we doubt users are looking at any sort of credit transfer or refund. Unfortunately, this looks to simply be another game to add to the pile of unfulfilled potential. Take some screenshots of your progress now people, and then prepare to say goodbye to the game later this month.
[Image Credit: EA]
Were you a fan of Fantasy Safari on iPhone or iPad? Are you sad to see the game go offline? Sound off in the comments.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates keep pushing past 6% to a 14-year high
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Poignant Photos Of Queen Elizabeth's Funeral That Will Go Down In H…
- 40 Of The Queen’s Most Adorable Moments With Kate And Meghan
- Poignant Photos Of Queen Elizabeth's Funeral That Will Go Down In Hist…
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- This $13 all-season 6-piece sheet set on Amazon is both cooling and…
- 7 brands that make stylish stuff for dogs, from leashes and sweaters t…
- Woman surprises her mother-in-law with the ‘ofrenda’ of her mom in emo…
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards For 2022
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- 3 Cards That Can Help You Take Your Dream Vacation