Looks like someone snagged the best apartment they ever had!
Drake, the rapper and Grammy-nominated recording artist who currently holds the spot for No. 1 rap song and No. 2 rap album in America, has just sold his side-by-side Miami apartments. Units 4906 and 4905, which together cover 5,475 square feet, hit the market in January for a collective $2.5 million. They sold on Thursday to the LLC of professional basketball player Mario V. Chalmers, point guard for Miami Heat, for $2.4 million.
A great deal, according to listing agent Jill Eber, considering that the apartment is located in one of Miami's "most elegant" buildings, the Marquis Residences. The new buyer, like Drizzy Drake before him, will enjoy 20-foot ceilings, glass walls, marble staircases and views of Biscayne Bay. The Marquis also offers A-list amenities such as an open-air sky pool deck, a signature spa and fitness center by RockResorts, private elevators and valet parking.
"It's a spectacular property, in the heart of Miami," says Coldwell Banker's Danny Hertzberg, a member of the property's real estate team, The Jills. "The opportunity to work with Drake and his team was fantastic."
Though the rapper (pictured above) and ex-"Degrassi Junior High" star loved his sleek apartment so much that he featured it in his music video, "I'm on One," he's hauled out of Miami (and the East Coast altogether) for greener pastures. Quite literally. Apparently, Drake's moving into a $9 million mansion in Hidden Hills, Calif., which features a five-stall horse stable, a riding arena and a "water oasis that leads to a cave with wet bars." Fancy.
But really, did we expect anything less from a 25-year-old who ranks 11th in Forbes' "Hip Hop Cash Kings" list?
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Home Equity Surges: Compare Home Equity Loans
- Age 62+? Take this Quiz to Qualify for a Home Equity Conversion
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps New Home Buyers Qualify to Buy
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards For 2022
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- 3 Cards That Can Help You Take Your Dream Vacation
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold