Looks like someone snagged the best apartment they ever had!
Drake, the rapper and Grammy-nominated recording artist who currently holds the spot for No. 1 rap song and No. 2 rap album in America, has just sold his side-by-side Miami apartments. Units 4906 and 4905, which together cover 5,475 square feet, hit the market in January for a collective $2.5 million. They sold on Thursday to the LLC of professional basketball player Mario V. Chalmers, point guard for Miami Heat, for $2.4 million.
A great deal, according to listing agent Jill Eber, considering that the apartment is located in one of Miami's "most elegant" buildings, the Marquis Residences. The new buyer, like Drizzy Drake before him, will enjoy 20-foot ceilings, glass walls, marble staircases and views of Biscayne Bay. The Marquis also offers A-list amenities such as an open-air sky pool deck, a signature spa and fitness center by RockResorts, private elevators and valet parking.
"It's a spectacular property, in the heart of Miami," says Coldwell Banker's Danny Hertzberg, a member of the property's real estate team, The Jills. "The opportunity to work with Drake and his team was fantastic."
Though the rapper (pictured above) and ex-"Degrassi Junior High" star loved his sleek apartment so much that he featured it in his music video, "I'm on One," he's hauled out of Miami (and the East Coast altogether) for greener pastures. Quite literally. Apparently, Drake's moving into a $9 million mansion in Hidden Hills, Calif., which features a five-stall horse stable, a riding arena and a "water oasis that leads to a cave with wet bars." Fancy.
But really, did we expect anything less from a 25-year-old who ranks 11th in Forbes' "Hip Hop Cash Kings" list?
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 1.99% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Do You Know the Fastest Way to Pay Off Credit Card Debt?
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program