By Les Christie
Dick Clark has listed his unique, one-bedroom Malibu home for $3.5 million, according to Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage.
Whoever buys the place from the "world's oldest teenager" will likely feel as if they are channeling another celebrity: Fred Flintstone.
The architect, Phillip Jon Brown, said the prehistoric design was dictated by circumstance. The 23-acre site is next to the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreational Area, which originally objected to Clark building a home on the property.
"[Clark] dug in his heels and said he was going to build a house there," said Brown, "I came up with the idea that if the house looked like a rock formation, the park conservancy would let us build on top. They liked the concept."
More on CNNMoney:
Michael Jordan Selling Home for $29 Million
Jennifer Aniston's $42 MillionHome
Paris Hilton's Pad (For Rent)
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold