By Les Christie
Dick Clark has listed his unique, one-bedroom Malibu home for $3.5 million, according to Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage.
Whoever buys the place from the "world's oldest teenager" will likely feel as if they are channeling another celebrity: Fred Flintstone.
The architect, Phillip Jon Brown, said the prehistoric design was dictated by circumstance. The 23-acre site is next to the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreational Area, which originally objected to Clark building a home on the property.
"[Clark] dug in his heels and said he was going to build a house there," said Brown, "I came up with the idea that if the house looked like a rock formation, the park conservancy would let us build on top. They liked the concept."
More on CNNMoney:
Michael Jordan Selling Home for $29 Million
Jennifer Aniston's $42 MillionHome
Paris Hilton's Pad (For Rent)
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.979% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, get $200 fast with this top card
- Say goodbye to debt: 0% intro APR until 2022
- Results are in: Best cards of 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program