While we're still disappointed that the Mass Effect Facebook game seems to be little more than an advergame, the powers that be at BioWare are releasing not one, but two, Mass Effect spin-off games for iOS this week: Mass Effect Infiltrator and Mass Effect Datapad.
Infiltrator and Datapad are very different, but one reason you might be intrigued -- other than the fact that you need to play Mass Effect at all times -- is that they can affect your single player game in Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect Infiltrator is a third-person shooter and the goal is to free prisoners and collect intelligence. Missions accomplished in this game will boost a player's abilities in Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect Datapad is less of a game and more of a fan app. Use this to stay abreast the latest news from the game, read messages from characters that you've interacted with in ME3 and fight reapers in an in-app mini-game.
Mass Effect Infiltrator is available in the AppStore for $6.99 (ouch) and Mass Effect Datapad will arrive later this week and can be downloaded for the low price of free. I haven't had the chance to play Infiltrator yet, but another reviewer suggests you might want to wait until it goes on sale for 99 cents. Make of that what you will.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Lulus has a ton of summer dresses on sale — and these ones are all …
- Don’t know how to use your air fryer? This cheat sheet can help
- More than 2,000 Amazon shoppers say this best-selling shoe cleaner rea…
- The Painless Way To Earn Cash Back Every Day
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Summer 2022