While iPhone isn't without its fair share of farming and cooking games, Atomic Ape's Tiny Gourmet offers a combination of both of those genres, presented in a Mafia Wars-style text format. The game's various menus offer you individual farms where you can grow ingredients that can later be used to cook fabulous dishes, on top of stores where you can purchase ingredients outright or sell your excess products.
Different ingredients take different amounts of time to grow and cost different amounts of coins as well, as you might expect. You'll need to spend some of your profits to have additional farm plots, increasing your overall productivity, and will be able to complete gourmet collections by cooking culturally themed dishes based on country. For instance, you'll start with the Italian catalog of dishes, cooking items like Biscotti or Minestrone Soup by growing individual plots of wheat or tomatoes, as one example.
Even though the game is almost entirely text-based (save for a few small images of crops or cooking tools), you'll still be able to travel the globe, cooking in locations that are appropriate for the dishes themselves. In our above Italian example, you'll be able to plant and harvest crops at the foot of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, for instance.
While Tiny Gourmet may seem like it's a step backwards in the realm of realism in gaming, it's an interesting take on the cooking and farming genres and is now free to download on iPhone (unfortunately the game isn't available natively on the iPad, as of this writing).
Click here to download Tiny Gourmet on iTunes -->
Will you try Tiny Gourmet on iPhone, or do you prefer your games to be more modern, rather than classic and text-based? Sound off in the comments.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- ‘To the boy who doesn’t let anything get him down’: Mom honors Disa…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- These are the 25 fashion and beauty deals you don’t want to miss at Am…
- The Painless Way To Earn Cash Back Every Day
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Summer 2022