Anderson Cooper has got a lot of things going for him. He's an Emmy award-winning news anchor, has the best hair on television, and now we find out he owns one of the sleekest apartments in New York City.
The CNN talk-show host's luxurious Garment District pad is a bachelor's dream, and it's just hit the market for a cool $3.75 million. Boasting smoked Chambord oak floors, white satin-glass walls, wood-burning fireplaces and a floating staircase, the penthouse duplex embodies Cooper's clean, sophisticated urban style. Apparently, Cooper renovated the space, which he bought in 2005 for $2.48 million, to further "evoke its industrial roots." (Like many properties in the area, the apartment was a former manufacturing space.)
Minimalist aesthetics aside, the penthouse spans 3,000 square feet and boasts an additional 1,700 square feet of outdoor living space, which Cooper has transformed into a beautifully landscaped deck. Located on West 38th Street, the pad is close to a number of Manhattan landmarks, including Bryant Park, the New York Public Library and Times Square.
Cooper allegedly put his two-bedroom apartment on the market in preparation for his move into the former West Village firehouse that he's been renovating since 2010 -- a trade up, some say. We kinda get it -- though we have plenty of love for the Midtown bachelor pad, his new place has fire poles.Plenty of them.
See the listing here.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 1.99% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program