By Erika Riggs
In the world of celebrity real estate, stars buy homes through trusts in LLCs in an effort to cut the paper trail leading to their names.
Despite their best efforts, it's possible to figure out who the real owner of a mansion or penthouse is with a little sleuthing.
Such is the case with a posh Manhattan penthouse for sale. In 2008, it was reported that former news anchor and Oprah Winfrey's best bud Gayle King bought a 3-bedroom, 3.5-bath apartment in the new Midtown tower, Place 57.
After all was said and done, it appeared that the home was not purchased by King, but by the talk show diva herself for $7.1 million.
Who actually lived there is up for debate, but as for now, the penthouse is for sale for $7.9 million and appears vacant.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.06% APR. Can you save?
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 4 Cards With Massive Sign Up Bonuses (Get $200 Fast)
- Ready To Travel Again? These Cards Will Take You There.
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program