By Erika Riggs
In the world of celebrity real estate, stars buy homes through trusts in LLCs in an effort to cut the paper trail leading to their names.
Despite their best efforts, it's possible to figure out who the real owner of a mansion or penthouse is with a little sleuthing.
Such is the case with a posh Manhattan penthouse for sale. In 2008, it was reported that former news anchor and Oprah Winfrey's best bud Gayle King bought a 3-bedroom, 3.5-bath apartment in the new Midtown tower, Place 57.
After all was said and done, it appeared that the home was not purchased by King, but by the talk show diva herself for $7.1 million.
Who actually lived there is up for debate, but as for now, the penthouse is for sale for $7.9 million and appears vacant.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold