We've finally seemed to have moved past 'Ville' stage of social games, and into an era where games seem be more diverse. Some of the biggest game launches in the past few months have been casino games, hidden object games and addictive puzzlers that are already hits on other platforms, e.g. Angry Birds.
fiveonenine Games, a new studio that opened its doors this week, is looking to a new source for gaming inspiration (or maybe we should call it a news source), creating games that are ripped from the headlines. The company's debut game, Political Rampage, is a tongue-in-cheek match-3 puzzle game starring President Obama and Sarah Palin. That will be followed by other topical games, Campaign Story (iOS, Nook, Kindle Fire) and Real Politics (Facebook, IOs) in mid-April and another called Real Mystery (Facebook, iOS, Kindle Fire) in July 2012.
In a statement, fiveonenine CEO Lloyd Melnick says creating topical games is "the key to building a large, dedicated community of casual and social gamers." That may be true, but experience shows us that games also need to be well made and fun to play.
We'll see if this startup can live up to the brag on its website: "We will be one of the top five social gaming companies (both social web and social mobile) by the end of 2012."
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- TikToker shares surprising places around your house that need clean…
- This $8 stain remover has completely saved my carpet and couch from re…
- Love Uncrustables? This sandwich cutter lets you make your own at home
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus