Sausage Fire 'Best-Smelling' Blaze in Years, Firefighters Say
The New Castle News reports that firefighters responded about 11:30 a.m. Monday when a 20-by-20-foot smokehouse caught fire in the yard of Cash Koszela. He's a retired meat cutter who's been smoking his own sausage for about 30 years.
Firefighters say some grease caught fire when the smokehouse got too hot -- about 300 degrees.
Koszela says it will cost about $3,000 to replace the smokehouse. It's actually a tin-lined walk-in cooler fed by smoke that's piped in from a fire pit.
Assistant Fire Chief David Joseph says, "This is definitely the best-smelling fire we've seen in a long time."
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
Billboard House Advertises Way Out of Housing Crisis
How the Foreclosure Settlement Could Affect You
More on AOL :
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.