While this isn't the first time we've seen a social / casual game soundtrack released for purchase (Bejeweled's soundtracks are already available, for instance), it doesn't make this news any less... interesting. If you're a huge fan of Zynga's kingdom-building Facebook game CastleVille, you can now show off your love of the game by downloading its "original soundtrack EP" from the iTunes Music Store. The price? Just $2.99 US.
As with other music on iTunes, you can purchase each song individually for either $0.99 or $1.29, depending on the song, but if you purchase them all in bulk, it will only set you back the three bucks. You'll receive 10 songs with your purchase, including the Main Theme and Character Suites for some of the game's major characters: Sonja, Rafael and so on (composed by Stephen Rippy of Halo Wars and Age of Empires fame). These are songs you'll likely recall hearing being played while you're actually playing the game on Facebook, so they are true to the game's "experience."
You never know - if this one goes over well, perhaps we'll see other official releases of social game soundtracks, from Zynga or otherwise. We'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not that's a good thing.
Would you ever purchase the soundtrack for a Facebook game? If not CastleVille, then which other games would you be interested in seeing soundtracks for? Sound off in the comments.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- 9 Prime Day deals on CeraVe’s best-selling skin care products
- 5 deliciously awesome twists on classic apple pie
- This top-rated ‘guac-lock’ container will keep guacamole fresh for up …
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!