In one broad stroke, tennis champion Pete Sampras just sliced $5 million off the asking price of his compound near Thousand Oaks, Calif. Curbed.com brings word that Pete and his wife, Bridgette Wilson-Sampras, famous for her role as a smoking-hot teacher in "Billy Madison," have brought the price of their massive manse down to $19.95 million.
The Samprases listed the home in the exclusive Lake Sherwood community for $25 million in March 2010, after reportedly moving to a comparatively modest dwelling in Brentwood, Calif., which they purchased for $5.6 million.
25 million doesn't appear to be Pete's lucky number. (Maybe it's 14, the number of grand slams he won.) The Herculean server previously listed another home for the same price in 2008. He apparently had lobbed it too high, seeing as it ultimately sold for $17 million to "Will & Grace" creator Max Mutchnick.
The compound, which boasts jaw-dropping mountain views, offers a main house that sprawls 13,000 square feet along with a 2,000-square-foot gym and separate guesthouse. It should come as no surprise that the property also has its own tennis court, no doubt where the tennis vet has smacked blistering forehand after blistering forehand.
The expansive home features teak and white oak, imported stones and top-of-the-line finishes. Additional amenities include a giant theater-game room, poker room (makes sense -- Pete was never afraid to take gambles on the court) and an infinity pool.
Jordan Cohen of Estates Director has the listing.
Click on the images below to see more homes for sale in Thousand Oaks, Calif.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.979% APR (15 yr)
- Experts urge Americans to refinance in 2021
- Little-Known VA Option Could Save Veterans Thousands
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 4 Cards With Massive Sign Up Bonuses (Get $200 Fast)
- Pay No Interest Until 2022 With A Better Credit Card
- Getting approved for 1 of these cards means you have excellent credit
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program