WOLFEBORO, N.H. -- If Mitt Romney gets his wish, the ranks of presidential retreats that include Crawford, Texas, and Rancho del Cielo near Santa Barbara, Calif., could soon be joined by Wolfeboro, N.H.
Big change could be coming to the rustic but affluent lakeside resort town on Lake Winnipesaukee (pictured above) if front-runner Romney becomes Republican nominee Romney, and ultimately President Romney after the November 2012 election.
Residents are already bracing for the good, the bad and the ugly that could accompany a "Northern White House."
The Romney's summer house on New Hampshire's largest lake (pictured below) is a three-story, six-bedroom, 5,400-square-foot contemporary home set on an 11-acre lot with a wide water frontage and estimated value of about $10 million.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.979% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Say goodbye to debt: 0% intro APR until 2022
- Get a better credit card interest rate now!
- 7 Cards With Ridiculous Cash Back
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program