Luis Aguilera probably thought he'd left his childhood affair with a teacher behind. After all, it happened when he was 13, and his memoir, in which he recounts details of the relationship, was published over a decade ago. But Aguilera believes that he was fired from his own teaching post in 2009 because a parent had concerns about the book. Now he's suing the Chicago public school district for more than $300,000.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.979% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Do you spend enough on groceries to make an annual fee worth it?
- Transfer your debt to a card with 0% intro APR until 2022
- 7 Cards With Ridiculous Cash Back
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program