AT&T to Pay TiVo Over Patent Lawsuit
At The Motley Fool, we know our readers like to be informed. Here's a quick look at today's most relevant financial news, boiled down to what you need to know. In today's video, we cover the following:
- Sears Holdings (NAS: SHLD) hires Brookstone CEO Ron Boire in a last-ditch move to save its struggling Kmart and Sears brands.
- ExxonMobil (NYS: XOM) is reportedly looking to sell a majority of its stake in Japan-based refiner TonenGeneral in a deal that could be valued near $5.2 billion.
- AT&T (NYS: T) will pay TiVo (NAS: TIVO) a minimum of $215 million to settle a patent case against the mobile company. TiVo also has patent lawsuits pending against AT&T rival Verizon.
So there you have it -- the top financial stories of the day. If you're interested in getting all the news and commentary on these stocks, sign up for My Watchlist -- it's free!
- Add ExxonMobil to My Watchlist.
- Add Verizon Communications to My Watchlist.
- Add TiVo to My Watchlist.
- Add AT&T to My Watchlist.
- Add Sears Holdings to My Watchlist.
At the time this article was published Fool contributor Tamara Rutter does not own any positions in the stocks mentioned here. Follow her on Twitter for more Foolish news @TamaraRutter. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.