We've been following the progress of THQ's MargaritaVille Online on Facebook for some time now, and have seen the game grow, even bringing you an in-depth, hands-on preview from the game's Closed Beta. Even though MargaritaVille Online won't launch openly on Facebook until the new year, that doesn't mean that Christmas won't come to the islands, as over 30 new items will be released for your Oasis Bar, boat and even character to celebrate the holiday season.
Of course, just because Christmas has come to MargaritaVille Online, doesn't mean you can expect a blanket of snow to have fallen over everything. On the contrary, snowmen are now made out of sand, and while traditional Christmas trees will also be available, you can also celebrate Christmas with festive palm trees.
We have an exclusive look at those items in the images below, but are also happy to bring you the news that one of the game's mini-games will also undergo some exciting changes. Hammock Time, the game's take on a match-three title, will offer new challenges to complete and offer the ability to create exploding barrels by performing well. From the screenshot above, it looks as though exploding barrels will appear when making matches of five of the same kind of item. It's also possible to form items that look like Sand Dollars, which will also serve a special purpose that has yet to be made clear.
If you're in the game's Closed Beta, make sure to keep playing to see these items eventually appear for purchase in the game's stores, and try your hand at the new Hammock Time upgrades before everyone else. For the rest of us, we'll just be left staring at some (admittedly fun) images until the real deal launches publicly in January.
Check out the rest of our Holiday 2011 coverage right here.
Have you tried out MargaritaVille Online on Facebook, or are you just eagerly awaiting the game to officially launch on the platform? Sound off in the comments.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- These colorful weights make it easy to build your at-home gym
- Marc Jacobs’ bronzing body stick is now on sale, and it will give you …
- Co-parenting exes still have an adorable relationship: ‘Your son will …
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards