Daily Roundup: Today's Top Stories
At The Motley Fool, we know our readers like to be informed. Here's a quick look at today's most relevant financial news, boiled down to what you need to know. In today's video, we cover the following:
- Ford (NYS: F) to pay a quarterly dividend for the first time in five years.
- Toyota (NYS: TM) cuts its profit outlook for the year and could lose the top spot in vehicle sales to General Motors (NYS: GM) . Toyota could also end up behind Nissan (OTC: NSANY) in terms of profitability.
- Apple (NAS: AAPL) loses its patent war with Samsung, after a court ruling in Australia.
So there you have it -- the top financial stories of the day. If you're interested in getting all the news and commentary on these stocks, sign up for My Watchlist -- it's free!
- Add Toyota Motor to My Watchlist.
- Add General Motors to My Watchlist.
- Add Ford to My Watchlist.
- Add Apple to My Watchlist.
At the time this article was published Fool contributor Tamara Rutter owns shares of Apple and Target. Connect with her on Twitter, where she goes by@TamaraRutter. The Motley Fool owns shares of Ford and Apple. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended buying shares of Ford, Apple, and General Motors, as well as creating a bull call spread position in Apple. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.