Zynga's big debut on the stock market seems to be on everyone's mind this week -- and not necessarily in a good way -- as industry watchers come out of the woodwork to talk about the not-so-perfect state of the company behind games such as FarmVille, CityVille and Words with Friends.
First, there are several reports on how Zynga's games are not doing so hot. Cowen and Company analysts say that Zynga's new Facebook game CastleVille might be attracting lots of players, but at the expense of its other big Facebook games. The report says CastleVille has tied with FarmVille as the second most popular game on Facebook, with 6.9 million daily users each, but that November is still an overall "disappointment" for Zynga, because the company's other big Facebook games saw a collective loss of 3.8 million daily players in the past month. Another article in Businessweek talks about how the recently launched Mafia Wars 2 is failing to meet expectations, losing 900K daily active users in roughly a month.
In addition to a flagging player population, it seems like Zynga and its CEO aren't exactly winning friends. Venture Beat points out that Zynga CEO's Mark Pincus' approval rating is a low 46% and another story in the New York Times says long hours and grueling deadlines has grumbling employees counting down the days until they can cash out their stock and then jump ship. The same Times article talks about how Zynga's not-so-friendly culture could be a reason that Angry Birds creator Rovio turned down Zynga's offer of $2.5 billion in cash and stock this summer.
With a possible IPO in December, it sounds like Zynga's going to have to be on its best behavior to get onto Santa's (and investors') nice list this year.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Transfer your debt to a card with 0% intro APR until 2022
- Score a $200 Sign Up Bonus fast with this card
- Our 2 Favorite Cards for Everyday Expenses