Daily Roundup: Today's Top Stories
At The Motley Fool, we know our readers like to be informed. Here's a quick look at today's most relevant financial news, boiled down to what you need to know. In today's video, we cover the following:
- U.S. retailers kicked off the holiday shopping season with a record start -- pulling in $52.4 billion, up 16% from a year ago. That's welcome news for investors.
- What retailers can expect from today's Cyber Monday action.
- AT&T (NYS: T) has set aside $4 billion to cover part of the breakup fee it will owe T-Mobile if its attempted merger with the mobile company falls through.
So there you have it -- the top financial stories of the day. If you're interested in getting all the news and commentary on these stocks, sign up for My Watchlist -- it's free!
- Add Wal-Mart to My Watchlist.
- Add Target to My Watchlist.
- Add AT&T to My Watchlist.
- Add IBM to My Watchlist.
- Add Best Buy to My Watchlist.
- Add Amazon.com to My Watchlist.
- Add Apple to My Watchlist.
At the time this article was published Fool contributor Tamara Rutter owns shares of Apple. Connect with her on Twitter, where she goes by the handle @TamaraRutter. The Motley Fool owns shares of IBM, Apple, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy.Motley Fool newsletter serviceshave recommended buying shares of Amazon.com, Apple, and Wal-Mart, creating a bull call spread position in Apple, writing covered calls in Best Buy, and creating a diagonal call position in Wal-Mart. We Fools don't all hold the same opinions, but we all believe thatconsidering a diverse range of insightsmakes us better investors. The Motley Fool has adisclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2011 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.