First and foremost, after reading the Penn State Grand Jury report, my heart just weeps for the boys who lost their innocence at the hands of a perceived icon. I was once a blooming student athlete in my teens, in awe of university coaches, and staff. My classmates and I scrambled to attend youth sports camps at various universities in Pennsylvania; and our parents trusted these paragons of higher learning. As a volleyball stand out from western Pennsylvania, I loved both Pitt and Penn State, and fully understand how a young person can be mesmerized inappropriately by these lofty sports figures. My empathy extends to the families affected, and the lives forever changed.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.979% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, get $200 fast with this top card
- Say goodbye to debt: 0% intro APR until 2022
- Results are in: Best cards of 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program