I'd like to propose that there be an architectural style called "Malibu" and we use this 10,000-square-foot oceanfront home listed at $27 million as the textbook example.
The five-bedroom main house, designed by architect Douglas W. Burdge took what was once a 1970s seaside estate on the bluffs above Point Dume and, while staying faithful to the home's original modern structure, transformed it into something that reflects its serene coastal surroundings.
The home has seamless floor-to-ceiling windows and an inside-outside room flow. Lots of open spaces for entertaining and white French oak floors to ramp up the beachy factor. There are trellised terraces, an outdoor kitchen, a two-bedroom guesthouse, as well as a pool and spa.
Chris Cortazzo of Coldwell Banker, Malibu, has the listing.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold