SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. -- Fans of MTV's "Jersey Shore" can get a firsthand look at the gym-tan-laundry lifestyle by renting the house where the reality series is taped.
Just bring $2,500 a night and your own drama.
Renters to the home in Seaside Heights have access to the duck phone and the double bed in the Smush Room. But they won't find the usual mess because the landlord cleaned the place.
Renter Joe Ambrosini of Philadelphia tells the Asbury Park Press people took his picture anytime he went out of the deck. The 33-year-old says it was like "buying 15 minutes of fame."
Jennifer Bauer of Toms River says it's cool sleeping in the same bedrooms where the cast stayed. But Bauer says she brought her own sheets.
UPDATE: Reached by AOL Real Estate, listing agent Mike Loundy said there's been no shortage of interested tenants -- it's just not the type of renter you might expect.
"The age of folks [renting the home] is usually 30 and above," Loundy told AOL Real Estate. "We just had a 40th birthday for someone last weekend."
Loundy said about half the viewers of "The Jersey Shore" are between 30 and 60 years old, in his experience. "It's a pretty wild phenomenon," he said.
The lure may have something to do with the home's near-celebrity status. Celebrities are frequently seen visiting the home, Loundy said, though he's sworn to secrecy as to their identity. Two cast members very recently visited the six-bedroom smush pad, as well, he said.
To see the listing for yourself, visit mtvjerseyshorehouse.com.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
See more celebrity real estate and homes for rent in Seaside Heights, N.J., at AOL Real Estate.
Click on the images below to see other celebrity real estate recently on the market:
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.979% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Do you spend enough on groceries to make an annual fee worth it?
- Transfer your debt to a card with 0% intro APR until 2022
- 7 Cards With Ridiculous Cash Back
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program