Bank Of America Employees Sound Off Post-Layoff News
Earlier this month, Bank of America announced 30,000 jobs would be cut, in addition to the 6,000 jobs already cut in 2011. Since the mass layoffs news broke, employees at Bank of America have continued to turn to Glassdoor to share their perspective on what it's like to walk the halls of the bank branches as well as in the corporate offices.
However, what may be confusing for some people is the fact that Bank of America continues to host job fairs in the wake of this announcement, including one recent job fair to hire 30 new bank employees at its Rancho Cordova, CA branch, according to news reports. So if you are considering a job at Bank of America and want to know what it's really like to work at one of the nation's largest banks, here are just a few recent highlights from employees dishing on what's working well (Pros), what may need some improvement (Cons), and what advice they have to offer senior management.
- "If you do a great job and would like to get promoted, you will have many options,"- Bank of America Employee (location n/a)
- "Good benefits and vacation package, lots of opportunities for advancement," – Bank of America Claims Analyst (location n/a)
- "Growth and knowledge, a great place to learn about finance," – Bank of America Teller (New York, NY)
- "Good benefits, good advancement opportunities, good hours," – Bank of America Personal Banker (Desert Hot Springs, CA)
- "Reputation and customer dissatisfaction, negative media attention," – Bank of America Employee (Kennesaw, GA)
- "Company is undergoing a tremendous amount of change," – Bank of America Employee (Charlotte, NC)
- "Too much corporate politics that affects growth opportunities," – Bank of America Banking Center Assistant Manager (Los Angeles, CA)
- "Be prepared to have someone who never did your job observe and comment on what you say and do several times a week," – Bank of America Personal Banker (St. Petersburg, FL)
Advice to Senior Management:
- "Need to be more employee centered and rewarding when it comes to pay scale," – Bank of America Banking Center Assistant Manager (location n/a)
- "If the company does not care for its people, they will not care for the company," – Bank of America Research Analyst (San Francisco, CA)
- " Please motive and encourage team members," – Bank of America Employee (location n/a)
- "Many give their heart and soul and 85 hours and are never thanked appropriately compensated. Not good," – Bank of America Consumer Market Manager (location n/a)
Do you work at Bank of America or any other financial institution? Share a company review. Want to learn more about Bank of America, including information on jobs?
- Bank of America Jobs
- Bank of America Company Reviews
- Bank of America Salaries
- Bank of America Interview Questions & Reviews
Stay tuned for more monthly Glassdoor blog articles featuring what it's really like to work on the inside at various companies.
Don't Miss: Companies Hiring Now
Stories from Glassdoor.com