Responding to Japan's love of pets, several architects have established a new, niche trend within their industry: pet-friendly home design.
With the world's lowest birthrate -- an estimated 7.3 births for every 1,000 people -- Japan is home to many young couples who choose pets in lieu of children. Additionally, many older couples in Japan revere dogs and cats.
"For people who have pets, they're like family," said Akira Koyama, the owner and representative director of Tokyo-based Key Operation Inc., an architecture firm.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Transfer your debt to a card with 0% intro APR until 2022
- Score a $200 Sign Up Bonus fast with this card
- Our 2 Favorite Cards for Everyday Expenses
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program