OK, we admit that to coastal snobs like ourselves, the mere mention of Cleveland brings to mind rivers so polluted that they catch fire. But since the good folks of Ohio long ago cleaned up the Cuyahoga River, perhaps it's time to forgive and forget.
Easing that memory loss is this gem of a home in Nashport, Ohio, about two hours south of Cleveland. It's owned by Tami Longaberger, the chief executive of the famous basket-makers, Longaberger Co. Listed at $15 million, the Georgian estate on 200 acres comes with a whopping 38,000 square feet of above-ground space, plus another 17,000 in a finished basement. The home is made from handmade bricks, and all patio and outdoor areas use a Pennsylvania bluestone interspersed with the brick to match the home's facade. The property abuts Dillon State Park.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.99% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Say goodbye to debt: 0% intro APR until 2022
- Get a better credit card interest rate now!
- 7 Cards With Ridiculous Cash Back
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program