Real estate's King Midas can't get enough gold. His plane is peppered with 24-carat fixtures and seat belts (see the video below), and his luxury buildings pretty much swim in the stuff.
But now, Donald Trump is raising the bar. Three bars, in fact. That's how many 32-ounce gold ingots he's planning to accept today as a security deposit from a new tenant of the building he owns at 40 Wall Street. According to the Trump website, the 72-story, "incredibly impressive landmark property" was at one time the tallest building in the world.
The security deposit, worth $176,000, is coming from Apmex, a dealer in precious metals.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.979% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, get $200 fast with this top card
- Say goodbye to debt: 0% intro APR until 2022
- Results are in: Best cards of 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program