Real estate's King Midas can't get enough gold. His plane is peppered with 24-carat fixtures and seat belts (see the video below), and his luxury buildings pretty much swim in the stuff.
But now, Donald Trump is raising the bar. Three bars, in fact. That's how many 32-ounce gold ingots he's planning to accept today as a security deposit from a new tenant of the building he owns at 40 Wall Street. According to the Trump website, the 72-story, "incredibly impressive landmark property" was at one time the tallest building in the world.
The security deposit, worth $176,000, is coming from Apmex, a dealer in precious metals.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold