Mindful of today's anemic job market and focused on their long-term financial security, many Americans mulling a home purchase in a new setting weigh the area's employment prospects as much as its real estate market. Before potential homebuyers throw themselves into decades-long financial commitments, they want to know that if they're cut loose by one employer, they still have a good shot of getting picked up by another.
In the spirit of Labor Day, real estate site Move, Inc. (which powers AOL's real estate search) put together this list of top 10 places where job prospects are strong and real estate values are holding steady, based on per-capita job postings from Indeed.com, July unemployment rates, and Realtor.com housing data. Click through the slideshow to see the 10 best towns for working toward homeownership.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Home Equity Surges: Compare Home Equity Loans
- Age 62+? Take this Quiz to Qualify for a Home Equity Conversion
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps New Home Buyers Qualify to Buy
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards For 2022
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- 3 Cards That Can Help You Take Your Dream Vacation
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold