Mindful of today's anemic job market and focused on their long-term financial security, many Americans mulling a home purchase in a new setting weigh the area's employment prospects as much as its real estate market. Before potential homebuyers throw themselves into decades-long financial commitments, they want to know that if they're cut loose by one employer, they still have a good shot of getting picked up by another.
In the spirit of Labor Day, real estate site Move, Inc. (which powers AOL's real estate search) put together this list of top 10 places where job prospects are strong and real estate values are holding steady, based on per-capita job postings from Indeed.com, July unemployment rates, and Realtor.com housing data. Click through the slideshow to see the 10 best towns for working toward homeownership.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program