A man is selling his long-time Los Angeles home for $899,000 -- with a catch. He wants to be able to live in his bedroom off the kitchen with his wife, rent-free, for the rest of his life. Timothy Bopp is in his late sixties; his wife is in her eighties. Bopp has lived in this 3,396-square-foot home his entire life and simply wants to spend his final days here.
The other four bedrooms are currently rented out to tenants, and the home's asking price is substantially below similar listings in the area, which run between $1.3 million and $1.4 million.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program