Back at the end of July, Zynga launched a fan survey concerning potential new features to FarmVille, many of which dealt with expanding our neighbor lists without having to add dozens of complete strangers as friends on Facebook. Well, it turns out that that specific idea is currently being worked on, as a new loading screen tells us just that:
"Coming Soon: Farmville Friends! Add neighbors without becoming Facebook friends!"
If done correctly, this new feature will simply allow us to add as many active, friendly farmers as neighbors as we'd like, without having to open ourselves up for full-on Facebook friend requests. While many players have secondary accounts they use just for gaming, due to the lack of privacy they may feel when interacting with these random players, if you're the kind that has blocked off certain areas of your profile to these sorts of people, you won't have to anymore, which is a great thing!
Again, in theory, this new feature will allow us to retain all of the friendship perks we enjoy now, but I do wonder how news feed posts will be handled. That is, if Jane Doe posts a free Mystery Seedling, but is only a FarmVille friend and not a true Facebook friend, how will I be able to claim it, or will I be able to claim it at all? There's still a lot up in the air about this new ability, but it looks like it could be one of the more positive updates to hit the game in some time (I hope). We'll make sure to bring you more details on this new feature as we know more.
For now, let us know what you think of this future feature in the comments. Will you expand your FarmVille neighbors list by dozens of farmers, or just a few? What other Facebook games would you like to see this feature released for? Let us know in the comments.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- This baby’s reaction to bath time gets cuter and cuter
- Those viral ‘peel and reveal’ lip stains are on sale today on Amazon
- ‘Now that our kid isn’t a baby anymore, my wife and I can’t agree on b…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!