Add "Smokey and the Bandit" star Burt Reynolds to the ever-growing list of Americans chugging down the foreclosure highway. Reynolds owes about $1.2 million on his Hobe Sound, Fla., home and hasn't made a mortgage payment in almost a year, reports the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. The 12,538-square-foot house is listed for sale at $8.995 million, which, given the depth of the housing market plunge in Florida, is probably what it would cost to buy the entire state.
Florida, the Sunshine State that gave the nation hanging chads and the anti-gay stylings of OJ-swigging Anita Bryant, has been devastated by the housing collapse and is a national leader in foreclosures.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.0% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Earn Unlimited 1.5x Miles for Every Dollar Spent on All Purchases
- $200 Sign Up Bonus to Start the Summer
- These 5 Cards Are No Risk, All Reward. Save today!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program