Those familiar with the five-star Grand Hyatt Resort & Spa on the island of Kauai may do a double-take when they see the latest $44.5 million listing to come on the market in Malibu. Same stone portico columns framing the dead-on ocean view; same open-air indoor-outdoor space; same "please-let-me-die-and-go-to-heaven-here" reaction.
This 11,741-square-foot architectural estate sits dramatically on an ocean bluff with endless views of the Pacific. It has a 62-foot Italian glass-tiled pool and separate 18-foot spa. The seven- bedroom home has 9 1/2 bathrooms, a professional screening room, top-of-the-line chef's kitchen, travertine flooring and a master suite you never want to leave.
There are floor-to-ceiling glass doors throughout the house and 14-foot ceilings. The estate sits on 1.22 acres and was built in 1999.
Buy it and save the airfare to Kauai?
Chris Cortazzo, Coldwell Banker Malibu West, has the listing.
Got a tip for House of the Day? Know of an exceptional or unusual property currently listed for sale? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions and be sure to include links to listing details and photos. (Due to the volume of response, we unfortunately are unable to respond to each submission.)
See more Houses of the Day on AOL Real Estate.
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Get property tax help from our experts.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The 3 Best Options To Borrow From Yourself
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of May 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap