Two's a trend, right? If that's the case, be on the lookout for more swimming pools in living rooms. A few weeks back we showed you a San Francisco Victorian for sale, with a 16-by-7-foot lap pool in the living room. Now comes an even showier indoor water feature -- the 30,000-gallon pool pictured above, the centerpiece of a Manhattan apartment on the market for $10.9 million. ShelterPop has the story.
It's holiday year-round at Evelyn McMurray Van-Zeller's Kasbah-meets-Hollywood townhouse in New York's Chelsea neighborhood. Evelyn inherited the place and its 30,000-gallon indoor swimming pool when her brother passed away in 1995, and she gave it a Moroccan-inspired look with antiques and medieval art.
The biggest hassle for her? Dusting off the antiques, medieval weapons, and the suit of armor she's placed around the pool. And here we were thinking about the chlorine getting all over the furniture and "prized" art.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap