America Ferrera, the actress who starred in "Ugly Betty," has listed her Beachwood Canyon home at $1,395,000, which is about what she paid for it in 2008 -- $1,415,000. We are fans of her comedy, but respectfully suggest that she look at her calendar. In the world of real estate, it is anything but 2008 out there.
It's a lesson that Ferrera should have learned, having listed it at $1,685,000 in March 2010 and then dropped it to $1,599,000. But alas, some homesellers just have to learn the hard way that houses that linger, linger long. The trick is to bite the bullet and get out in front of the market that is still spiraling down in many places.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap