A picture may be worth 1,000 words -- but with PhotoShop, some of those words can be ugly lies. Especially when the picture you're looking at is of a vacation home for rent online.
Renting a private home for your vacation is an increasingly popular way to travel. Private houses or condos generally provide more room for the extended family to stay together under one roof. And having a kitchen is great for accommodating different palates, as well generally saving some time and money.
The demand has spurred a cottage industry of websites that serve as matchmakers between vacationers looking for a rental and homeowners with places available for rent.
But the flaw in the system is that what you read in the property descriptions or see in the online photos isn't always what you get.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Your Best Refinance Rates for December 2021
- Refi rates at 2.02% APR. Do you qualify?
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for December 2021
- Shop Now, Pay Interest Later With These Top Cards
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap