Got a hankering for log homes? They've certainly come a long way since their Wild West settler roots. More typical of the modern-day equivalent is this 8,100-square-foot home listed at $1,995,000, just 30 minutes outside Denver.
The Red Tail Estate sits on 24 acres next to the Pike National Forest and is priced at $1 million under the actual building costs, says listing agent Norma Loyd of Intero Real Estate Services.
It's logs all the way here. You pass under a massive log-and-stone entry on a paved driveway until you come to a stamped concrete courtyard and follow the heated sweeping staircase under the double stone arches to -- yes -- a log truss entryway. The custom front door is of knotty alder wood and once inside, you are surrounded by massive full round logs, soaring ceilings, custom tile inlays and murals, and of course museum-quality log carvings. Floor-to-ceiling windows provide sweeping 100-mile unobstructed views of Pike's Peak and the Rocky Mountains.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.99% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap