A few months ago, we learned that The Walking Dead, a hit TV series on AMC as well as a comic book series with a serious cult following, is getting the game treatment. Sam & Max creator Telltale Games is turning the popular franchise into an episodic game series that -- instead of rehashing the comics and TV show -- tells the story about a criminal named Lee Everett who escapes police custody due to zombie attack and then unites with a 7 year-old named Clementine, and the pair then attempts to battle their way out of Atlanta.
In addition to this main game, Telltale will apparently be releasing a separate Walking Dead social game on Facebook that will be linked with the main game in some form or fashion. No details yet on what this Facebook tie-in will look like, but fingers crossed that it's more than a poorly executed adver-game designed to upsell its bigger sibling. Yeah, yeah -- hope springs eternal.
The main Walking Dead game is expected to rear its head at the end of 2011, and I suspect that the Facebook game tie-in won't be too far behind.
[Via IGN, Joystiq]
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Refi Rates at 1.89% APR. Do you qualify?
- Make the Switch from a 30 to 15 Year Mortgage
- Your Best Refinance Rates for September 2021
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- This $200 gadget turns water into ‘any’ flavor
- These edible shot glass recipes are reason enough to throw a party
- Parents capture precious moment their firstborn meets her new baby sis…
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You