Virgin Australia Lawsuits: Another Passenger Sues Over Tainted Chicken

We know airline meals are bad, but it seems Virgin Australia can't get a break after a chicken wrap mishap has passengers suing mad.

John Jackson has filed suit in Australian Supreme Court against the airline, which he blames for his needing kidney surgery, reports

Jackson was a passenger on a 2009 flight from Melbourne to Mildura when he ate a chicken wrap served by the airline.

According to court documents, Jackson, now 81, was diagnosed 48 hours later with a bacterial infection caused by food poisoning. He was then allegedly admitted to a hospital where he underwent kidney surgery.

Virgin reportedly received no formal notification of this issue and had no comment.

Earlier this week it was reported that passenger Renee Cherry is also suing the airline, claiming her unborn child contracted food poisoning from the same chicken wraps.

Read Full Story

Sign up for the Travel Report by AOL newsletter to get exclusive deals and wanderlust inspiration delivered straight to your inbox every day.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.