Yup, crime pays. For years we've watched Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto video game franchise blow up the charts (and rake in the cash), and now we might see its Facebook knock-offs follow the same trajectory. Well, one of them at least. Crime City, a very GTA-like game that has been on Facebook for under a year, has secured 7.5 million monthly players and, according to AppData, that doesn't seem to be dropping off anytime soon.
Now, Crime City creator Funzio has secured a cool $20 million dollars from investors, with plans to grow its crew (headed up by social gaming vets from Zynga and hi5) and to, hopefully, build more games that, much like its mafia-inspired hit, will continue to show that social games don't inherently need to involve farming, pets or other cute and cuddly themes. What can I say -- I like my farming games as must as the next person, but definitely don't mind a little larceny on the side.
- 30-year mortgage rate dips again to 3%. Time for a refinance.
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Can you refinance with $0 out of pocket?
- Refinance rates at 2.02% APR. Calculate your rate now
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Charming toddler tries to woo dad when mom puts her foot down: ‘She…
- 5 under $25: Affordable gold jewelry from Amazon you need for the summ…
- Are these internet-famous ‘mini waffles’ worth the hype?
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Make Money Moves With These Cards in 2021