The Google Games effort is real, open job offer suggests
This job will be based in Google HQ in Mountain View, Calif., and the lucky guy or gal will be tasked with creating "strategies for game distribution and discovery, player identity, game mechanics, and more." It's also mentioned that the position will be heavily involved in Google's social platform, implying that these won't be just any games, but social games. If you doubted whether Google was serious about getting into games, then face the facts--it's happening. And if there is any company with the financial might, experience and notoriety to take on Zynga, it's Google. Find the full job offer after the break.
Product Manager, Games – Mountain View
Google – California , Mountain View (Global HQ) (United States)
This position is based in Mountain View, CA.
The area: Product Management
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. With eyes focused squarely on the future, our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to all the markets where Google does business.
The role: Product Manager, Games
Rare opportunity to grow a brand-new business – Games at Google! We are looking for a strategic, technical and game-loving Product Manager to drive Google's gaming strategy. You will design strategies for game distribution and discovery, player identity, game mechanics, and more. In addition to designing a great user experience and building out key partnerships, you will be significantly influencing Google's social platform as you work directly with a critical set of early adopters, game developers. Interesting and impactful decisions involving social gaming, privacy, virality, business, and technical APIs await you and the strong, passionate team of gamers you will work with.
• Drive feature requirements for Google''s gaming platform
• Work with business development and developer relations to drive gaming partnerships/ content deals
• Initiate and prioritize projects within engineering, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, track product development, and develop product launch plans.
• Establish partnerships internally and externally to drive the growth of games
• Technical undergraduate degree or equivalent experience; Masters degree preferred.
• Product management experience with a track record of creating innovative and winning Internet or software solutions.
• Entrepreneurial experience and a penchant for creating great products is highly valued.
• Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements and convert them into a winning product vision.
• Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with a deep understanding of gaming platforms
[Image Credit: Facebook PokerChip News]
Now that Google is apparently making steps toward a real gaming initiative, do you think it has what it takes to tackle Zynga? What do you think Google needs to do in order for that to happen? Sound off in the comments. Add Comment.