BP Oil Spill: Gulf Tourism Bouncing Back One Year Later
"We've got hoteliers right now telling us they have more on the books for May, June and July than they had actually stay there in 2009, the months before the oil spill," Ed Schroeder, director of the Pensacola Bay Area Convention and Visitors Bureau told the Associated Press.
BP's Deepwater Horizon drilling rig exploded April 20, 2010, claiming claimed 11 lives. The well was not officially sealed until September 19, 2010.
Watch the video after the recovering industry below:
- Five Discoveries to Make at a National Park[AOL Travel]
- 10 Smallest Bars in the World[Fox News]
- The 20 Best Kept Secrets of Washington, D.C.[Budget Travel]
- 10 Best Apps for Hungry (and Thirsty) Travelers[The Daily Meal]
- Visit the World's Most Majestic Forests[Sherman's Travel]