Donald Trump Calls New York's LaGuardia a 'Third-World Airport'
"You go to LaGuardia Airport, it's like a Third World airport," said Trump on CNN's "State of the Union." But he did have praise for China and Qatar for investing in "the most beautiful airport you've ever seen," according to USA Today.
To add insult to injury, Trump continued the insults at a political rally in Florida saying "It's old. It's dirty. It's falling apart. It's disgusting," reports the Sun Sentinel.
Certainly, there are some in New York who are upset by Trump's words.
"I know it's popular in other parts of the country to pick on New York for political gain, but he has been a New Yorker his whole life," City Councilman James Vacca told New York Daily News. "I would hope he wouldn't try to benefit by slamming New York."
New York's LaGuardia Airport has been in operation since 1939. One of the busiest airports in the nation, it saw more than 23 million passengers in 2008 and generates nearly $11 billion for the New York-New Jersey metropolitan area.
- Five Discoveries to Make at a National Park[AOL Travel]
- 10 Smallest Bars in the World[Fox News]
- The 20 Best Kept Secrets of Washington, D.C.[Budget Travel]
- 10 Best Apps for Hungry (and Thirsty) Travelers[The Daily Meal]
- Visit the World's Most Majestic Forests[Sherman's Travel]