Industry-Wide Airfare Sale Launched for Spring Travel
Ack Ook, flickr
SmarterTravel.com says Southwest's move to discount 2,800 routes to 70 destinations is now being matched by American, Continental, Delta, JetBlue, United, US Airways and more.
Travelers can take advantage of the industry-wide airfare sale if they book by today, February 17.
Sample fares include one-way routes up for grabs for as low as $39. Under that low price, American and Southwest are offering prices such as a roundtrip flight from Oklahoma City, Okla. to Dallas, Texas for $78. Another steal is a roundtrip flight from Denver, Colo. to San Deigo, Calif. for $138 that is now being offered by Continental, Frontier, Southwest, US Airways and United. Prices do not include taxes and fees.
SmarterTravel.com says the best prices can by found "by digging around for unadvertised gems from Southwest and its competitors during the sale's travel window, which is for flights in April and May."
- The 5 Worst Ideas for Alcohol Ever[FoxNews Travel]
- Check Out Former Egyptian President Mubarak's New Home (PHOTOS)[Huffington Post]
- Top 5 Fast Food Cities in the U.S.[Reader's Digest]
- Headless Ghost Forces Theme Park Ride to Move Ride[FoxNews Travel]
- Best Up-And-Coming Vacation Spots[Reader's Digest]