Where to Watch the Space Shuttle Launch
Kennedy Space Center
There are many places from which to watch the space shuttle launch, and the folks at NASA had these suggestions:
· Marina Park, 501 Marina Road, Titusville
· Sand Point Park, 101 N. Washington Ave, Titusville
· Space View Park, 8 Broad Street, Titusville
· Manzo Park, 3335 S. Washington Ave (US 1), Titusville
· Rotary Riverfront Park, 4141 S. Washington Ave (US 1), Titusville
· Kennedy Point Park, 4915 S. Washington Ave (US 1), Titusville
· Jetty Park, East end of Port Canaveral off George King Blvd.
· Cocoa Beach Pier, 401 Meade Ave., Cocoa Beach
· Alan Shepard Park, East end of SR 520, Cocoa Beach
· Fischer Park, East side of SR A1A 1/2 mile south of SR 520
· Lori Wilson Park, 1500 N. Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach
· Westbound SR 528 Causeway over the Banana River Park
All of the parks (except Space View Park) have associated restrooms and parking.
Currently the launch is scheduled for February 24 at 4:50 PM. Remember, though, there's always a chance the launch will be scrubbed due to weather. Stay up to date by tuning into radio coverage available from local station WMMB on AM 1240 and AM 1350.
Live mission coverage is also available on NASA TV.
Learn about other Discovery missions in this video:
- 5 Tips for Cheap Beach Vacations[AOL Travel]
- Colossal Winter Storm Roars Across U.S.[FoxNews Travel]
- Man Survives 1,000 Ft. Fall Down Mountain (VIDEO)[Huffington Post]
- Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels in America[FoxNews Travel]
- 4 Ways to Fly for Less[Reader's Digest]