AmerTac Recalls LED Night-Lights for Fire Risk
CPSC said included in the incidents were three reports of minor property damage. The consumer who was burned touched the night-light itself. An electrical short in the night-lights can cause them to overheat, smolder and melt -- which creates a fire hazard.
This is the second recall in a little over two months for AmerTac. In December, the lighting company recalled other night-lights for the same problem.Included in the recall are LED Night Lights with the model numbers 71193, 71194 and 327879 and the letters KML and ETL molded into the back. The night-light with model number 71193 is square with white plastic and a flat translucent square window and a button for changing the screen's color. The other two night-lights are egg-shaped with white plastic and translucent windows on the front and sides.
The China-made night lights were sold at hardware stores, lighting showrooms and home centers nationwide from March 2009 through January 2011 for about $7 each.
Consumers should stop using the night lights and unplug them. Contact AmerTac at (800) 420-7511 between 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays Eastern Time.