Newark Airport Power Outage Causes Delays
An electrical failure knocked out power to the airport, as well as to about 20,000 local residents. The area was plunged into darkness when crews were upgrading a Public Service Electric and Gas switching station, says Bonnie Sheppard, a PSE&G spokeswoman reports the Associated Press. Power was restored around 4 p.m.
Flights were allowed to land during the outage, but security checkpoints had to close, said Ron Marsico, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. The Federal Aviation Administration reported one-hour flight arrival delays.
Vehicle traffic on roads leading to the airport and on airport grounds was also affected since traffic lights were not working and had to be reset.
- Delta Finds and Returns Lost Puppy[AOL Travel]
- Colossal Winter Storm Roars Across U.S.[FoxNews Travel]
- Man Survives 1,000 Ft. Fall Down Mountain (VIDEO)[Huffington Post]
- Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels in America[FoxNews Travel]
- 4 Ways to Fly for Less[Reader's Digest]
Photo, Hunter-Desportes, flickr