Man Ditches Dog to Catch Plane
Ardeshir Fardin, 39, was boarding a flight to Michigan from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport on Friday when he found out he did not have the proper documentation to fly with his dog, reports the Austin Statesman newspaper.
Fardin called a friend to come get the dog, but did not wait for the friend to show up and left the animal crated outside the airport in 21-degree temperatures, a court affidavit says.
The court affidavit explains leaving an animal in such cold conditions could prove fatal.
It is unclear what type of dog Fardin had or who now controls custody of the animal.
The 'cruelty to animals' charge is a Class A misdemeanor, punishable by up to a year in jail.
- Cruise Crew Member Foun Dead in Cozumel[AOL Travel]
- Colossal Winter Storm Roars Across U.S.[FoxNews Travel]
- Man Survives 1,000 Ft. Fall Down Mountain (VIDEO)[Huffington Post]
- Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels in America[FoxNews Travel]
- 4 Ways to Fly for Less[Reader's Digest]
Photo, Nick81aku, Wikimedia Commons