Baggage Scuffle Causes Plane 'Mutiny'
Ryanair says in a statement that it, "offloaded a group of 100 passengers travelling from Lanzarote to Brussels Charleroi on FR8175 at the request of Spanish Police. This group became disruptive, and refused to comply with crew instructions after a number of their group were required to pay a gate bag fee for outsized luggage."
The airline staff had tried to charge one passenger extra for carry-on baggage and his friends on the plane "mutinied," Spanish newspaper La Provincia reports. The students objected to being charged a fee for excess hand luggage.
A spokesman for the Spanish interior ministry said the pilot was preparing for takeoff at when she radioed for police assistance. Of the 168 passengers on board, fewer than 70 were allowed to re-board the flight, according to the BBC.
- Top 5 Sexiest Beaches in the World[AOL Travel]
- Colossal Winter Storm Roars Across U.S.[FoxNews Travel]
- Man Survives 1,000 Ft. Fall Down Mountain (VIDEO)[Huffington Post]
- Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels in America[FoxNews Travel]
- 4 Ways to Fly for Less[Reader's Digest]
Photo, Malias, flickr